Our relationship with Adidas starts with New Hyde Park being designated as one of a relative few soccer clubs in the country that are part of their Generation Adidas program. Some features of this relationship include:
- Substantial improvement in the standard club support model (kits, clothing, gear, etc.)
- Age-specific education and online curriculum for our coaching staff
- Special MLS-based learning events for staff
- Access to Generation Adidas events for players
- Additional fundraising and sponsorship support
The partnership also involves a third partner, Upper 90. Upper 90 is an unparalleled soccer clothing retailer in New York that will execute all Adidas service and supply requirements on behalf of the club based on its market-leading ordering and fulfillment processes as well as its customized online store for Spiritwear. In addition to providing the club’s online Spiritwear store (found via the “Store” link on our website), Upper 90 will also ensure that all NHPWSC members who identify themselves as such will receive a 10% discount in any of their four physical stores (Long Island, Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn).
Over the course of the four-year agreement with Adidas, the NHPWSC membership will recognize significant value. An apparel vendor relationship has many benefits to both the club and the vendor. For the vendor, it represents brand marketing at the grass roots level, dedicated baseline sales (uniforms), and pull-through sales (cleats, spirit wear and extra clothing).
There are many benefits to our club as well. For example:
- Uniforms are sold at significantly discounted prices
- Additional clothing items are sold at discounted prices
- Clothing support for our coaches and staff
- On-going licensing and coaching education for our coaching staff via Generation Adidas University
- Age-specific online soccer training curriculum available for coaches
- Stocked merchandise to ensure all our players are outfitted
- Access to new items before general release
My son / daughter is not in the Travel program. Does this apply to me?
Yes and no. Yes, because our online store for all our Spiritwear is now hosted by Upper 90. You can navigate to it via the “Store” link on our website. The store sells discounted Adidas apparel as well as non-branded Spiritwear customized for our club. Additionally, all your non-customized purchases from Upper 90 are eligible for the 10% club discount.
No, because intramural players will not wear Adidas uniforms. Given the nature of our program’s approach, it is imperative that our Intramural program outfits players with a reversible jersey, and unfortunately Adidas does not make such kit. Therefore, SCORE Sports has recently been selected as our official uniform supplier for our Intramural Program, and those uniforms will continue to be purchased through our local partner, Sport Loft. Sport Loft is located at 1001 Jericho Turnpike in New Hyde Park.
Do I have to buy a new uniform this season?
Each travel coach has been asked to decide whether they will shift to the new uniforms for the 2017-18 season, or whether they will grandfather their existing uniforms and make the shift in 2018. The club is offering a per-player financial incentive to all travel teams to incentivize them to make the shift. If your coach has decided to make the shift, you should receive a personalized email invitation from Upper 90 to order your new uniform online. If you did not receive the invitation, or need to place an order, you can contact Upper 90’s customer support directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646.416.9826.
Do we have to get rid of our non-Adidas apparel?
- No, you do not have to get rid of all your non-Adidas apparel.
- Parents can continue to wear any apparel from any manufacturer at any time.
- Travel players who play on teams that have adopted the new uniform must wear Adidas apparel only while on the field or sidelines at any official NHPWSC game. At other times (e.g. practice), players are permitted to wear whatever they prefer, although Adidas is recommended. Coaching staff are also encouraged to wear Adidas gear to games and practices.
- Players may continue to wear the footwear of their choosing.
Can I purchase additional NHPWSC logo Adidas gear?
Yes. Upper 90 will have a complete line of club logo apparel for purchase which is discounted to retail prices. Additionally, purchasing this gear financially supports our club as a portion comes back to the club from both Upper 90 and Adidas.
How does an Adidas contract benefit the club members?
In addition to the many reasons listed above, having a relationship with Adidas directly and indirectly benefits our club financially.
- Adidas provides thousands of dollars in equipment and apparel to our club. This will ensure that our staff and coaches look professional and the net savings can be invested in other areas of the club’s operations.
- The co-branding and partnership puts our club in an elite group and attracts both players and coaches to our brand.
- Educating our coaching staff and providing them with 24-hour access to an online curriculum continues to improve the services our club provides to its members, attracts new members to our club and improves the performance of our players and teams.
- Players, coaches and teams may be eligible for exclusive developmental opportunities both locally and nationally.
The primary and secondary kits are the Tiro 17 uniform (royal, white) and they are engineered with ventilating climacool® to keep you cool on your drive down the pitch. Warm up jacket and pants are also Tiro 17. All have our club’s new shield patch on the upper-left. View them below.