As a program, we have been growing season over season for the past few years. However, in our desire to never turn kids away from the Beautiful Game, we’ve accommodated registrations later and later each season, which has had implications on our program:
- The parity of teams has suffered as we tack on late-comers after teams have been organized
- We’re not able to forecast our coaching needs, nor properly prepare / train those who volunteer
- We present as disorganized even after doubling our workload, producing (and re-producing) schedules and rosters at the last-minute
- And many more
As most of you know, the US Soccer Federation has developed new standards pertaining player development. We began to adopt some of those standards last season, and, along the rest of the Long Island Junior Soccer League, we will be fully embracing all of them in the Fall. As a result, both team and field sizes will shrink while our club is continues to grow. This is good news in many respects, but the burden of planning, coach recruitment, training, and season preparations are that much more onerous given the expansion of teams to accommodate the changes. All this while we seek to improve our product each season in order to create the best soccer experience possible for all players and their families.
I hope this explanation provides some context to the new fee schedule, and how we hope it will address some of the challenges that weaken our ability to deliver the best experience possible. As you can see from the schedule below, we really hope all of you will consider registering this month. :-)
- July 18th - Rates increase an additional $10
- July 25th - Rates increase an additional $15 (total +$25)
- August 8th - Rates increase an additional $25 (total +$50)
- August 22nd - Rates increase an additional $50 (total +$100)
- September 5th - Rates increase an additional $50 (total +$150)
As always, we appreciate your feedback as well as your support.